NEW YORK, NY, 31 MAY 2012: FremantleMedia, producers of The X Factor, American Idol, America’s Got Talent and some of the most successful reality and game show formats in the world, today launches its first-ever YouTube channel, “The Pet Collective,” featuring new series and programming available exclusively on YouTube (www.youtube.com/thepetcollective).
“The Pet Collective” is part of YouTube’s initiative to create new channels of programming, and is produced by FremantleMedia to celebrate pets and pet lovers through entertainment, information and involvement. At launch, “The Pet Collective” will offer seven original new, short-form series with new content added daily, for more than 20 hours of programming in its first three months.
“The Pet Collective” underscores FremantleMedia’s commitment to produce original, quality pro-gramming for evolving media platforms. The channel also brings together three core divisions of FremantleMedia’s business – FremantleMedia North America, FremantleMedia Enterprises and FremantleMedia Cross Platforms (FMX) – to leverage their combined expertise, assets and busi-ness strategies to engage with consumers, advertisers and distribution partners.
In response to growing changes in the content-distribution marketplace, the emergence of new online platforms, and new ways of reaching audiences, FremantleMedia’s ”The Pet Collective” will bring together originally, professionally produced programming, expert opinions and advice, pet health and wellness tips, content from celebrity pet lovers, and real-life animal stories. It will also feature robust social-media content through Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
“FremantleMedia is a global creative powerhouse that develops brands that extend well beyond TV,” said Cécile Frot-Coutaz, CEO, FremantleMedia North America. “We’re really excited to bring our high-quality storytelling and production expertise to a subject matter like pets that is close to everyone’s hearts, and we’re proud to be delivering informative and innovative content that offers a compelling new form of engagement with international audiences.”
Keith Hindle, CEO Americas, FremantleMedia Enterprises, added: “From our many audition pro-grams to numerous partner channels, FremantleMedia has a longstanding relationship with YouTube. “The Pet Collective” takes that partnership to a new level, securing our place at the fore-front of online content development and creating new opportunities to monetize our content and build our brands.”
"FremantleMedia has built one of the premiere global entertainment businesses in the world through hits like American Idol, The X Factor, and America's Got Talent," said Ben McOwen Wilson, Head of YouTube Entertainment, Northern Europe. "FremantleMedia’s new Pet Collective Channel will deliver great, professional content to the pet lovers in our global audience of 800 million people."
The initial lineup of original programming on “The Pet Collective” includes:
• The Litter - Narrated by animal lover and activist Khloé Kardashian Odom, The Litter is an adorably cute and informative series that follows a litter of six newborn kittens and their mother during an eight-week period.
•Growing Up Wild - Bindi and Robert Irwin continue the legacy of their father, adventurer Steve Irwin, by educating and informing audiences about the animals who share their day-to-day lives. Each episode introduces one of their treasured pets and broadens our knowledge of the animal kingdom.
• The Unadoptables - Designed to inspire a movement toward responsible pet purchasing and ownership, The Unadoptables focuses on different kinds of “unadoptable” pets from black cats and senior animals to pets with special needs that have trouble finding a home.
• Kitten on a Keyboard - Feline host Anime Lillipuss greets viewers from her office in the Pet Collective building, leading them through the best, funniest, silliest, most inspiring and amazing content to be found on The Pet Collective in the news and across the web.
• Pet Sense – Animal communicator Michelle Childerley reaches out from her home in Cambridge, England, to help get Americans’ pet relationships on track.
• Master and Pet – An original scripted comedy series about a young woman and the pet cat that is her best friend, co-conspirator and therapist.
• David Lehre’s Hollywood Animals – YouTube star and innovative director David Lehre drops in on his celebrity friends to find out about their relationships with their pets.
FremantleMedia’s content on YouTube has garnered more than 4.2 billion views to date since the start of its collaboration with YouTube, with more than 2 billion views in 2011 alone. Driving those views are viral videos from global entertainment shows including the The X Factor from both the UK and Australia; Korea’s Got Talent’s Sung Bong Choi audition; American Idol’s Chris Medina audition; and Family Feud with host Steve Harvey. Other popular videos include the incredibly successful audition of Susan Boyle for Britain’s Got Talent, which has achieved more than 300 million views in aggregate, and Jackie Evancho’s audition for America’s Got Talent,which pro-pelled the 10-year-old singing sensation to stardom after auditioning for the show through a season-long partnership with YouTube. In doing so, FremantleMedia is one of the only TV producers to have content in YouTube’s Top 100 most viewed videos of all time.
- Ends -
Vice President, Global Communications
Communications & Marketing
FremantleMedia North America